- Visit to “Momarlanului Museum”- 20 October 2019
On Sunday, October 20th, 7 students from “Mihai Eminescu” National College along with Mrs. Stefania Manea, coordinator of the Erasmus+ Project “Promotion of Identity, European Culture and Tradition”, ref no. 2018-1-IT02-KA229-047925_3, visited “Muzeul Momarlanului”, with the support of Mr Petru Galatan and Mrs Elena Malinesc, the owners and guides of the museum, who organised the whole complex all by themselves, without significant help from local authorities.
At the museum, we learned about the traditions of the local cultural group, called “momarlani”. We had the occasion to admire a traditional house from this region, whose age is estimated at about 180 years. We also acknowledged the history of that house and some facts about its former owners who were Mr Galatan and Mrs Malinesc’ s relatives, from whom they inherited the house, with the promise that the house shall never be demolished.
On the other hand, we had the great opportunity to admire some traditional elements of culture, some dating for more than a hundred years ago, but we also observed some great 20th pop culture elements, like a Russian record player, a Russian fancy calendar, old Romanian bills and coins, and even a 100 years old Holy Bible. It is a place where any person could find something to fulfill their passions.
Furthermore, we also acknowledged that the owners’ next move is meant to be the establishment of a school of folk arts, where young men and women alike could learn about the local traditions and, hopefully, continue them, giving them also
an opportunity to make a business of their own at some point.
It was really a wonderful opportunity to learn about the local culture and also meet some outstanding people that have done already remarkable things for our local traditions, and yet they don’t seem to stop, no matter the obstacles!
By Mihai Doană
The activity was disseminated on the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?
and Twinspace: https://twinspace.etwinning.net/77604/pages/page/484377
23 October 2019– Meeting with parents
The parents of the students involved in the project were presented the agenda of the C3 activity and their obligations as hosting families. We also discussed about the activities in which the parents were involved (the organization of the buffet with traditional dishes on 1 December). At the meeting participated Mr Rolland Szedlacsek, responsible for dissemination and IT activities.
- 21 -29 October 2019– the distribution of responsibilities in the C3 mobility. The students were given a list with the activities that would take place during the mobility in Romania and they had to choose what they wanted to do.
- 2 students made a guide for the students that will come to Petrosani entitled “Things to know about Romania” . This guide will be sent to the Italian and Greek coordinators to announce their students what they should wear and have with them when they come in Romania and it was posted on TwinSpace (https://twinspace.etwinning.net/77604/materials/files).
- Coordinated by Mr Raduti Dorin, 4 students made a film of presentation of our school to be presented during the mobility. This film will be posted on TwinSpace.
- A student prepared a presentation of the activities carried out in the project that would be presented during C3 mobility. This will be uploaded on TwinSpace.
- Because Banita Citadel is not safe to be visited during winter, a student prepared a power point presentation with information about it which would be presented to the Italian and Greek students and teachers during C3 mobility. This presentation will be uploaded on TwinSpace.
- Every week in October we met with the students to prepare the activities of C3 mobility.
The final agenda of the project was perfected and transmitted to the coordinators from Italy and Greece. It was uploaded on TwinSpace (https://twinspace.etwinning.net/77604/materials/files). Also, the letters of invitation were sent to the headmasters and coordinators from Italy and Greece.